Call for Papers (Special Issue): Emerging Technologies and Innovation for Digital Economy and TransformationPosted on 2023-05-26
Call for Papers
Special Issue on Emerging Technologies and Innovation for Digital Economy and Transformation
Paper Publication Opportunity
All participants of ICDEc 2023 and all members of the ICDEc community are invited to submit papers to the Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy for a special issue on Emerging Technologies and Innovation for Digital Economy and Transformation. The Journal is indexed by Scopus and ranked Q2.
This special issue is edited in collaboration with the chairs of the eighth edition of the International Conference on Digital Economy: Emerging Technologies and Business Innovation (ICDEc), which took place in Braga, Portugal on May 2–4, 2023 (https://icdec.aten.tn). The editors invite the community of researchers from the fields of Computer Science, Engineering and Management to submit papers that discuss issues related to digital economy and transformation, emerging technologies, and innovation.
Following a doubly anonymous peer-review process, papers accepted for this special issue will be published on the JTDE website and in the Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy – Volume 12, Issue 1, March 2024.
Dr Mohamed Anis Bach Tobji
University of Manouba
Dr Ana Maria Soares
University of Minho
Dr Rim Jallouli
University of Manouba
Dr Beatriz Casais
University of Minho
Dr Meriam Belkhir
University of Sfax
Manuscript submission October 15, 2023
Acceptance notification January 15, 2024
Revised manuscript due February 15, 2024
Publication Early publication on the JTDE website (Volume 12, Issue 1, March 2024)
The aim of this special issue is to provide insights about emerging technologies and innovative approaches that are shaping the future of the digital economy. More specifically, this issue focuses on the two approaches of technological and managerial perspectives of the digital economy. First, we invite contributions that cover the latest developments in the technological field, such as Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Blockchain, Cloud Technologies, Telecommunications and Big Data. Second, this special issue targets papers from the managerial perspective of digital economy and transformation, such as digital marketing, e-finance and digital assets, digital business models, organizational innovation, and digital competencies.
In addition to the business orientation, this special issue covers digital transformation affecting organizations at large, which could operate in fields such as Education, Health, Transportation, Scientific Research, and Public Services.
We invite contributions from researchers, scholars, and practitioners in the fields of digital economy, innovation, and emerging technologies. Topics of interests for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Research in ICT, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Blockchain, Internet of Things, Virtual Reality, Mobile and Telecommunication Technologies, and their impact on the development of the digital economy.
- Areas related to Data Science and Artificial Intelligence providing insights in information system management.
- The Journey of Digital Transformation: Pathways, Challenges, and Opportunities All related corporate functions are covered, such as financial decisions, transformative marketing and human resource management.
- The impact of emerging technologies on business models and organizational structures.
- Policy implications of digital technologies and innovation.
- E-learning and digital competencies: Learning management systems, Student-centered design, Learning analytics, Cloud technologies for education and competencies for the job market.
Writing for the Journal:
The Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy accepts papers on a wide range of topics related to technology and services that support the digital economy and digital society.
Papers that describe novel developments – whether existing or envisaged – and their benefits are particularly welcome. Published papers in ICDEc proceedings should be extended/re-written by at least 70%. The papers should be original, unpublished work, and should not be under review elsewhere.
Papers should be written for knowledgeable readers who are not necessarily experts in the relevant field of research. Authors should be careful to situate their work within the context of the digital economy.
Papers should be about 4,000–5,000 words in length, excluding references.
- Prior to paper submission, you are required to register through the JTDE website: https://jtde.telsoc.org/index.php/jtde. Please ensure that your name, email address and affiliation are correctly inserted.
- Submission of your paper in JTDE format must be done electronically through the JTDE website: https://jtde.telsoc.org/index.php/jtde. Please follow the checklist and author’s guidelines.
- When submitting your paper, choose “Special Issue ICDEc” as the section of the Journal. You will receive an email notification when your paper has been successfully submitted.
Any further inquiries can be directed to the Managing Editor at email@example.com.