About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy (JTDE) is an international, open-access, high quality, peer reviewed journal, indexed by Scopus and Google Scholar, covering innovative research and practice in Telecommunications, Digital Economy and Applications.
The mission of JTDE is to further through publication the objective of advancing learning, knowledge and research worldwide.
The JTDE publishes peer reviewed papers that may take the following form:
- Research Paper - a paper making an original contribution to engineering knowledge.
- Special Interest Paper – a report on significant aspects of a major or notable project.
- Review Paper for specialists – an overview of a relevant area intended for specialists in the field covered.
- Review Paper for non-specialists – an overview of a relevant area suitable for a reader with an electrical/electronics background.
- Public Policy Discussion - a paper that identifies or discusses public policy and includes investigation of legislation, regulation and what is happening around the world including best practice
- Tutorial Paper – a paper that explains an important subject or clarifies the approach to an area of design or investigation.
- Technical Note – a technical note or letter to the Editors that is not sufficiently developed or extensive in scope to constitute a full paper.
- Industry Case Study - a paper that provides details of industry practices utilising a case study to provide an understanding of what is occurring and how the outcomes have been achieved.
- Discussion – a contribution to discuss a published paper to which the original author's response will be sought.
- Historical - a paper covering a historical topic related to telecommunications or the digital economy.
Peer Review Process
Papers submitted to the journal will be peer reviewed by two reviewers initially using a double blind peer review. Papers will be reviewed in accordance with the journal review criteria and reviews should be carried out within four weeks. The papers submitted to the Journal are Scopus indexed.
The ethical standards statement can be found here
SponsorsTelecommunications Association Inc.
This Journal continues the traditions of the Telecommunications Journal of Australia (TJA), which was first published in 1935. Essentially the same Editorial Board that produced the TJA from 2007 to June 2013 moved in July 2013 to create our new Journal, the Australian Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy. In 2019, the Journal was renamed to the Journal of Telecommunications and the Digital Economy, in recognition of its wider international scope.
Managing Editor: Dr Leith Campbell, RMIT University